As a single woman living alone, there are very few browny points when mr lupus comes to call so much so that I have to admit that my recent stay in hospital highlighted just what I have been missing (sad but true). Sitting alone on the settee, comforted by 24hr TV I realised that being in hospital, although it meant you were sick and liberty impaired also brought some perks:
- Three meals a day. Okay there was no cordon bleur chef but it was hot and hand delivered
- Fresh linen every morning
- Drugs. You have 24hr access. Not that I’m a drug adddict (although mr lupus is working hard to make me that way) but it could be a perk
- Clean clothes everyday. Okay the hospital fashion label may not be the best for your street cred but you’re not going anywhere.
- Transport to and from appointments. A very nice man wheeled me to my lung scan and inspite of looking a little the worst for wear he found me attractive.
- A choice of being with people or being on your own in your own private space. Well curtains drawn around the bed is private isn’t it)
- Room service. At the touch of a button you have access to a team of people who are there to serve you.
When put like that maybe being in hospital is not that bad!
Okay I’m not advocating more stays in hospital just highlighting some of the benefits just in case you or I find ourselves there.
Here’s to a pain free and hospital restricted 2009.